Long-Term Care Planning
Long term care planning is planning for how we will live our lives as we age – do we want to live at home with help or do we want to move to a facility that will provide help to us.
87% of adults age 65 and older want to stay in their current home and community as they age.
Helping Seniors Age in place
► Where do you want to live?
► Who will provide care?
► How to pay for it?
► What financial resources are available?
DEVELOPING A CARE PLAN
Desire for social interaction?
- Friends & Family
- Community Groups/Senior Centers
- Educational Programs
- Living Communities
Community Supports & Services
- Meals on Wheels
- Household Management/Bill Paying
- Respite Care/Adult Day Programs
Medicare – What Does it Cover?
- Hospital Stays
- Short term stay in nursing home following a hospitalization
- First 20 days, Medicare pays 100%
- Days 21-100, Co-Pay of $176.00
- No coverage after 100 days
- Limited Home Care Coverage
- No coverage for custodial care at home